Barnstaple Grandmother Died From Overdose Linked To Alcoholism
Barnstaple grandmother died from overdose linked to alcoholism
A Barnstaple grandmother died from a drug overdose connected to alcohol abuse and self-neglect after failing to eat, drink or leave her bed.
At an inquest at South Molton Town Hall on Wednesday, April 12, the coroner heard evidence from medical professionals and family members of Susan Corrine Brown who died on October 7, 2016, at North Devon District Hospital.
Dr Deborah Cook, pathologist, conducted the post-mortem and produced a report with information from Mrs Brown’s hospital records.
The records stated she was admitted to hospital at 1.32pm on October 6 after she was found collapsed at home. She had pin point pupils, …