Student Overdose Deaths Prompt Victoria High Parent Meeting
Student overdose deaths prompt Victoria High parent meeting
Victoria High’s Parent Advisory Council has organized an information night next Thursday for parents on drug use and overdoses following the deaths of two students.
The latest was a 17-year-old girl from Victoria High School who died of an apparent drug overdose last month.
“It was quite shocking for their community to lose two bright, engaged students,” said youth outreach worker Lorna Mace, one of the scheduled speakers for the meeting.
However, Mace said, Vic High is far from the only school touched by the opioid epidemic.
“It’s happening in all high schools. It’s happening everywhere,” she said.
Victoria High’s …